Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Clothes Press?

  1. #1
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    I would love to have it!!! I would rather hang doll clothes and not fold them. I don't think the toile bins are very attractive though. But, I love the look of it!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It didn't look to me like the long dresses have enough room to hang before hitting the tops of the toile boxes.

    Also, if it is meant to hold dols....where? Are they strapped in somewhere, like you can do with the ribbon in Samantha's and Molly's trunks? Do they fit in "under" the pegs?

    I thought it looked nice from the outside in the pics, but not impressed at all by the interior.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm reserving judgment until I see it in person (I'll go to AGPNY). But I remember the big complaint about the old clothes press was that it didn't hold enough clothes, i.e. wasn't practical. At least at first glance, it looks as though AG has made that worse, not better.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had no trouble fitting all of Felicity's clothes into her old press. Including one extra one from the Dollies Dressmaker. I should even still have enough room for a couple of the new dresses. Not sure about all of them fitting, although there is some stuff in the clothes press now that I could take out and put elsewhere.

    meg

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the new clothes press, can you hang the clothes on hangers and then hang them on the pegs? If there are 3 pegs, it would have to be wide enough to hang 3 rows of outfits side by side. I have the yellow armoire and it is not tall enough to hang the longer gowns which is irritating.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by kamakajr:
    [QB]I thought this one looked beautifully done and would be a wonderful backdrop for a doll collection.

    QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are right: it LOOKS very nice, but at that price I would expect a better design. If you want if for show (backdrop) it is [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    if you want it for looks AND storage [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't heard any positive reviews about the new clothes press. For those who were there at the premiere, was there ANYTHING nice about it? I think the pictures of it posted by KitGirl were lovely. I have never seen the old clothes press but I thought this one looked beautifully done and would be a wonderful backdrop for a doll collection.

    I thought it looked very elegant. Anybody else looking to buy the clothes press?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •